Monday 27, 2018
To do list:
- Watch featured story for San Joaquin Outdoor Education (HTTPS://YOUTU.BE/IOU4UYTOBZG). Have them write a question to 7th and 8th graders that have been to science camp. Next week we will invite a couple students to answer some of the questions.
- Work on the atom structure worksheet.
- Pass out quizzes and announced to classes that corrections are due no later then Tuesday.
Tuesday 28, 2018
- Discussed the sound wave worksheet activity sent home last Friday 24, 2018. I demonstrated in class using wine glasses how the sound changes when glasses are filled with different levels of water. How is pitch and frequency related? What do you observe with the water as the vibration takes place? Collected students answers and gave them Nest points. NOT A GRADED ASSIGNMENT. Just a fun activity that students can try at home.
uNIVERSAL SOLVENT WORKSHEET
- Let students read Water Universal Solvent worksheet front page for three minutes. Then let them work in groups for five minutes to give them a chance to answer the questions. This allows students to read, make notes or highlighted then go forward to questions to answer them. After the time is up, I help the students give the correct answers. I explain to them on the board what each answer means on the board.
- We discussed the following:
- Number of atoms in molecules
- I drew a water molecule and I explain the electronegativity of oxygen and how it affects hydrogen. In addition, I explain the charges of each atom. In addition, I showed them on the board how the water molecules form droplets of water because of opposite charge attraction.
- Explain why water is the universal solvent. Gave them one example of how water mixes with most substances with the exception of oil.
- Explain how table salt (NaCl) dissolves in water
- Define Solvent, molecule, atom and bond
Wednesday 29, 2018
- Continue working on the Universal Solvent worksheet.
- Lecture on water surface tension. Show a video and explain to class on board
- Work on a Break the Tension: A Water Experiment worksheet
Thursday 30, 2018
- Work on WHAT YOU KNOW... worksheet (Review for quiz)
Study guide# 4
friday 31, 2018
- Show a Magic School bus on, " Three in one (lesson on water and three basic form)."
mONDAY 20, 2018
Tuesday 21, 2018
Continue with monday's lecture.
Wednesday 22, 2018
Work on Sorting scientific method worksheet, discussed experiment #1 - Molded Bread, and lectured Neil Bohr periodic table understanding.
Thursday 23, 2018
What you know worksheet...(review for quiz on friday). Gave them a sound wave worksheet for them to report to me (not a homework assignment just something for them to explore outside the classroom-will talk about it monday 27, 2018).
Study guide# 3
Friday 24, 2018
Quiz# 3, atom diagram, and started working on atom structure worksheet will finished it on Monday.
Monday 13, 2018
Tuesday 14, 2018
Wednesday 15, 2018
Continuation of Tuesday 14, 2018, PowerPoint presentation. Students Received a copy of the power points.
Thursday 16, 2018
Student notes on what what I explain on board. How electromagnetic does not need a medium to travel. Example, the sun radiation (uv rays we get on earth).
Study Guide# 2
friday 17, 2018
Tuesday 7, 2018
Wednesday 8, 2018
Thursday 9, 2018
Study guide# 1