- Students are expected to attend 205 days of school
- In case of an family emergency or student is ill we required you call the office (209)209-0511 or email Kay Fagundes (firstname.lastname@example.org) morning of the absence.
- Students without signed note (including doctor's notes), phone call, or email will be marked as personal day.
- Teachers may not allow students to makeup the work missed for an unexcused absence.
- If student misses more than 10 days of personal, unexcused, or suspension time (any combination) they will be asked to find another school to attend and their spot will be given to another student on the waitlist.
- Cannot be attached to personal days or follow personal days.
- 3 days in a row required to have a doctor's note upon the return to excuse absence. Not clear by parent or guardian absence will be reported as unexcused or truant.
- -5 towards their Nest points for the week
- 5th tardy of each trimester, a mandatory student support team (SST) meeting will be scheduled with staff. Student will be placed on a stringent attendance contract.
- Extracurricular Activities
- Students cant leave school early on a regular basis, religious believes are an exception.
- Pledge of alliagiance to salute the United States flag.
- CS parents are welcome to shadow their student for a part of a day or one whole day, once a trimester. Contact Ms. Kay in the office and sign in at the office. Wear a lanyard at all times. No photographs or video recordings may be taken of students or teachers.
Lunches and School Supplies
- May drop off items but student won't be called during class. Please label jackets or lunch boxes with child's name.
- Fas food, soda and sugary drinks are not allowed. Only water is permitted in the classrooms.
- All students leave campus upon dismissal.
- Students that walk home must have a sign form on file in the office.
- After 4:30 p.m., the only gate open will be the one closest to the front office.
- Earned points for exceptional academy in the classroom, participation and supporting their classmates.
- Negative points account for disruptive behavior, misuse of technology, blurting, disrespect of school rules, etc.
- Negative 20 for chewing gum automatically. If student gets negative 20 each week will result in a panel meeting with Mrs. Stewart and Mrs. Prescott. Reoccuring negative 20 points will required a SST (Student Support Team) meeting with staff and parents. If no improvement is noted, the student may lose their priority at TLC.
- Student is solely responsible for any electronic item.
- No cell phone usage in classroom.
- Parent will be notify by student if taken away. It will be in the front office with Kay Fagundes and only parent can retrieve cell phone. 1st time is a warning, 2nd and anytime after there will be a $25 charge to return the phone to a parent (Money collected will be for a senior scholarship.
- Shorts and Skirts no shorter than mid-thigh
- Tops must cover the midsection
- Modest cleavage
- No hats or head coverings, including bandanas inside buildings by either boys or girls, with the exception for those worn for religous expression.
- No inappropriate logos on shirts, backpack, notebooks, etc.
Inappropriate Clothing for School
- Proper clothing will be provided by school
- Students will be asked to wear PE clothes
- If student continues to wear inappropriate clothing this action will be considered as defiant and a parent meeting will be arranged.
PE Lockeroom Etiquette
- No toys, electronic games and equipment, or unnecessary personal items into the locker room.
- No phones or ipods are allowed in the locker room.
- TLC is not responsible for loss/theft of items from lockers.
- Students must be especially careful to assure security of their lockers
- Appropriate PE uniforms and athletic shoes are required.
- Must change clothes before and after PE.
- Not boots, open toed sandals, flip flops or hiking boots are allowed during PE
- All prohibited and not tolerated at TLC
- Students are encouraged to report if aware of this actions to either teacher or direct at TLC
- In order to protect the safety of everyone, TLC running in the hall, congregating in large groups and/or sitting on the hall floors may hampter traffic flow and constitute a safety hazard.
- Students must act responsibly
Eight grade promotion
- It is a privilege to participate
- Student must complete 30 hours of community service (10 hours per trimester). All community service hours must be pre-approved by Discovery staff.
- NO late assignments
- Nightly review of class notes
- Studying for upcoming quizzes, tests, midterms and finals.
- Research projects.
Four School Wide Outcomes (SWO)
- Cooperative collaboration
- Dedicated DCS student
- Lifelong awareness
- Personal awareness